Thursday, January 3, 2019

Show and Tell Party Tomorrow (and other information)

Dear Families,

I hope you had a wonderful Winter Break. I enjoyed my time in Taiwan and am very grateful I had the chance to visit Jon’s relatives and my relatives. This was my children’s first time visiting Taiwan. River, my sixth grader, was in charge of converting between New Taiwan Dollars and USD. She was amazed that our family of four could have a delicious Taiwanese-style breakfast for $5USD. When arrived at the airport, my third grader Archer was delighted that everyone had black hair, just like her. I told her that we were in the land that Taiwanese people come from and her eyes got all big from amazement!

Self-Manager Badge: On Wednesday morning, I was so happy to see all of your students again. We started a new Self-Manager Badge system where students who demonstrate 10 days of safe, responsible and kind choices will earn the privilege of being able to move around the school without a hall pass and extra Choice Time. I sent a blue sheet home with your student on Monday with the details. Students are very motivated to be more independent and mindful of the choices they make.

Show and Tell Party: Your students earned enough compliments for another party and voted to have a Show and Tell Party which will happen tomorrow (Friday, January 4). Students can bring in one thing that fits in to their backpack.

SUN School Schedule: SUN school schedules went home today.

Homework: I will not be giving new homework this Friday. Please have your students finish their Family Traditions poster and return it by Monday, January 7. If you need another poster, email me and I will send it home with your student tomorrow.

Thank you,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment