Friday, November 16, 2018

Science, Mystery Reading with Third Graders, Legos, and Gratitude

On Tuesday, we concluded our study of materials and their properties by examining how large buildings are created by assembling smaller pieces. Students created their own structures out of index cards, then tested them for strength and balance!
























You can encourage your student's curiosity at home! Take a look around your home for all the items made from paper–like cardboard packing boxes, tissue boxes, or egg cartons–and discuss the properties that make them useful.

----------

We took a break from reading non-fiction text sets and growing our knowledge on topics to learn about reading mystery books from Ms VanClock's third grade class.


----------

And on Friday afternoon we played with Legos!












----------

Finally, here are some of things students are grateful for:

  • puppies and kittens
  • getting braces
  • food and water
  • Fuzzy
  • my kitten
  • my house
  • having a roof over my head
  • my money
  • kittens
  • my mom getting me something I wanted for my birthday
  • my Legos
  • my kitties




1 comment: